Recent content by Zach Smith

  1. Zach Smith

    Missed Tackles

    My bad sorry I missed this!
  2. Zach Smith

    Ohio State - By The Numbers

    Further dive into Low Red Zone, 3rd Down and 1st and 2nd Down Success:
  3. Zach Smith

    Ohio State - By The Numbers

    Our Statistics and Analytic Model is almost built. Here is an eye opening look at Ohio State through 3 weeks.
  4. Zach Smith

    Texas Post Game Recap

    Sayin was the best quarterback on that field He finished 17-of-32 for 278 with a touchdown and a pick, 8.7 a throw, and a 130.16 rating against Manning's 110.17. And two of the throws were the best of his life. Third-and-10 in the third quarter, Texas brings the house with cover three behind...
  5. Zach Smith

    Texas Post Game Recap

    Arch Manning Didn't Get Better. Sark Stopped Asking Him To. Texas 24, Ohio State 23. The Longhorns scored all 21 of their points in the fourth quarter and everybody is going to credit the quarterback. The tape says a coordinator changed the plan. Meanwhile Ryan Day sat on a twenty-point lead...
  6. Zach Smith

    Ohio State vs. Texas Thoughts

    Put Jeremiah Smith in the Slot Texas plays press quarters, which means their safeties have no help. Ohio State has the best receiver in football and just spent a week moving him everywhere. That's the game. Everything else I found on all four week one tapes is below. By Zach Smith I watched...
  7. Zach Smith

    Ball State Game: The FULL Picture

    Secondary: one veteran carried it Jermaine Mathews Jr. was the best defensive back on the field and it wasn't close. 83.0 overall, 83.1 in coverage. Run support, beating receiver blocks, an open-field tackle where he takes a tight end's legs out, an undercut slant for a pass breakup, correct...
  8. Zach Smith

    Ball State Game: The FULL Picture

    The receiver room, top to bottom Jeremiah Smith is Jeremiah Smith. They moved him everywhere — outside, in the slot as the No. 3, jet sweep under center. 87.6 grade, 151 yards, two scores, and a physicality out of his breaks that nobody in this conference has an answer for. Brandon Inniss is...
  9. Zach Smith

    Ball State Game: The FULL Picture

    Ohio State 56, Ball State 3: The Tape Says Julian Sayin Is Ready. It Also Says Right Tackle Isn't. Week 1 film review — Menace2Sports I watched every snap of this thing twice, both sides of the ball, and I'm going to tell you the same thing I'd tell a room full of players on a Sunday: the...
  10. Zach Smith

    2026 Season Film Breakdowns

    WEEK ONE OSU Offense vs. Ball State: https://menace2sports.com/videos/a99d6523-989d-4b16-a9af-44455056f814 OSU Defense vs. Ball State: https://menace2sports.com/videos/4705b4de-56f2-416f-93af-ae93ae89c35c?draft=true Michigan Offense vs. W. Michigan...
  11. Zach Smith

    Oregon vs. Boise Recap

    Oregon Handed Boise State 24 of Their 27 Points Oregon 34, Boise State 27. The Ducks outgained them by 233 yards, went 0-for-3 on fourth down, committed ten penalties for 90, and needed a fourth-and-10 breakup in the last two minutes to win at home. By Zach Smith Five hundred and seven yards...
  12. Zach Smith

    LSU vs. Clemson Recap

    Clemson Had One First Down in a Half LSU 51, Clemson 10. Thirty-eight first downs to eight, 644 yards to 145, and 1-for-13 on third down. Lane Kiffin's debut in Death Valley was a statement and Sam Leavitt led the game in rushing. By Zach Smith Ninety-minute rain delay. Wet Bermuda. Lane...
  13. Zach Smith

    Ball State Recap and Analysis

    I Asked Him to Scramble. He Did It Twice. Ohio State 42, Ball State 3. A 5.6 rushing average that's fiction, a defense that won the pass rush and finished with one sack, and the two plays from Julian Sayin that I've been waiting nine months to see. By Zach Smith Fourth and goal from the...
  14. Zach Smith

    Julian Sayin Analysis

    Eleven Scrambles Ohio State's quarterback threw for 3,610 yards and 32 touchdowns and graded out as the best passer I studied all offseason. He also ran out of the pocket eleven times in fourteen games, and none of them came in the Orange Bowl. By Zach Smith Two minutes left. Down eight...
  15. Zach Smith

    Arch Manning Analysis

    I Counted Five. So Did PFF. Arch Manning put five turnover-worthy throws on tape against Florida. I counted them watching it once. The charting service counted the same five. Here is the rest of what his 2025 actually says. By Zach Smith When I broke down the Florida tape I said Arch Manning...